Death is as sure for that which is born, as birth is for that which is dead. Therefore grieve not for what is inevitable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- But they for whom I am the supreme goal, who do all work renouncing self for me and meditate on me with single-hearted devotion, these I will swiftly rescue from death’s vast sea, for their consciousness has entered into me.
- For one who has been honored, dishonor is worse than death.
- There has never been a time when you and I have not existed, nor will there be a time when we will cease to exist. As the same person inhabits the body through childhood, youth, and old age, so too at the time of death he attains another body. The wise are not deluded by these changes.
- Sages speak of the immutable Tree of Life, with its tape root above and its branches below.
- The live in wisdom who see themselves in all and all in them, who have renounced every selfish desire and sense craving tormenting the heart.
- Action should culminate in wisdom.