Any relic of the dead is precious, if they were valued living.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Vain are the thousand creeds that move men’s hearts, unutterably vain; Worthless as withered weeds, or idlest froth amid the boundless main.
- I see heaven’s glories shine and faith shines equal…
- Love is like the wild rose-briar; Friendship like the holly-tree. The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms, but which will bloom most constantly?
- Having leveled my palace, don’t erect a hovel and complacently admire your own charity in giving me that for a home.
- I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.
- A good heart will help you to a bonny face, my lad and a bad one will turn the bonniest into something worse than ugly.