Man is a noble animal, splendid in ashes, and pompous in the grave.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Though it be in the power of the weakest arm to take away life, it is not in the strongest to deprive us of death.
- We all labor against our own cure, for death is the cure of all diseases.
- Death is the cure for all diseases.
- A man may be in as just possession of truth as of a city, and yet be forced to surrender.
- Charity But how shall we expect charity towards others, when we are uncharitable to ourselves? Charity begins at home, is the voice of the world; yet is every man his greatest enemy, and, as it were, his own executioner.
- Obstinacy in a bad cause is but constancy in a good.