To die is but to leave off dying and do the thing once for all.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There is nothing which at once affects a man so much and so little as his own death.
- The dead should be judged like criminals, impartially, but they should be allowed the benefit of the doubt.
- If life must not be taken too seriously — then so neither must death.
- Because they did not see merit where they should have seen it, people, to express their regret, will go and leave a lot of money to the very people who will be the first to throw stones at the next person who has anything to say and finds a difficulty in getting a hearing.
- One of the first businesses of a sensible man is to know when he is beaten, and to leave off fighting at once.
- Conscience is thoroughly well-bred and soon leaves off talking to those who do not wish to hear it.