Men are never really willing to die except for the sake of freedom: therefore they do not believe in dying completely.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Men are convinced of your arguments, your sincerity, and the seriousness of your efforts only by your death.
- There will be no lasting peace either in the heart of individuals or in social customs until death is outlawed.
- Instead of killing and dying in order to produce the being that we are not, we have to live and let live in order to create what we are.
- The modern mind is in complete disarray. Knowledge has stretched itself to the point where neither the world nor our intelligence can find any foot-hold. It is a fact that we are suffering from nihilism.
- The only conception of freedom I can have is that of the prisoner or the individual in the midst of the State. The only one I know is freedom of thought and action.
- Without culture, and the relative freedom it implies, society, even when perfect, is but a jungle. This is why any authentic creation is a gift to the future.