While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death.
- Learning never exhausts the mind.
- I roamed the countryside searching for answers to things I did not understand. Why thunder lasts longer than that which causes it, and why immediately on its creation the lightning becomes visible to the eye while thunder requires time to travel. How the various circles of water form around the spot which has been struck by a stone and why a bird sustains itself in the air. These questions and other strange phenomena engaged my thought throughout my life.
- The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.
- Nothing can be love or hated unless it is first known.
- Time stays long enough for those who use it.