The art of living well and the art of dying well are one.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is possible to provide security against other ills, but as far as death is concerned, we men all live in a city without walls.
- It is impossible to live a pleasant life without living wisely and well and justly. And it is impossible to live wisely and well and justly without living a pleasant life.
- The time when most of you should withdraw into yourself is when you are forced to be in a crowd.
- We do not so much need the help of our friends as the confidence of their help in need.
- Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
- I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.