I look upon death to be as necessary to our constitution as sleep. We shall rise refreshed in the morning.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Many people die at twenty five and aren’t buried until they are seventy five.
- Our new Constitution is now established, and has an appearance that promises permanency; but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.
- Some punishment seems preparing for a people who are ungratefully abusing the best constitution and the best King any nation was ever blessed with, intent on nothing but luxury, licentiousness, power, places, pensions, and plunder; while the ministry, divided in their counsels, with little regard for each other, worried by perpetual oppositions, in continual apprehension of changes, intent on securing popularity in case they should lose favor, have for some years past had little time or inclination to attend to our small affairs, whose remoteness makes them appear even smaller.
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise.
- Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- Rather go to bed with out dinner than to rise in debt.