Death is the only inescapable, unavoidable, sure thing. We are sentenced to die the day we’re born.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is natural to die as to be born.
- We begin to die as soon as we are born, and the end is linked to the beginning.
- It is as natural to die as to be born; and to a little infant, perhaps, the one is as painful as the other.
- To be born free is an accident; To live free a responsibility; To die free is an obligation.
- Death is as sure for that which is born, as birth is for that which is dead. Therefore grieve not for what is inevitable.
- Since the death instinct exists in the heart of everything that lives, since we suffer from trying to repress it, since everything that lives longs for rest, let us unfasten the ties that bind us to life, let us cultivate our death wish, let us develop it, water it like a plant, let it grow unhindered. Suffering and fear are born from the repression of the death wish.