Death is a commingling of eternity with time; in the death of a good man, eternity is seen looking through time.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A useless life is an early death.
- Every situation, every moment — is of infinite worth; for it is the representative of a whole eternity.
- There is no past that we can bring back by longing for it. There is only an eternally new now that builds and creates itself out of the Best as the past withdraws.
- Since Time is not a person we can overtake when he is gone, let us honor him with mirth and cheerfulness of heart while he is passing.
- Rejoice that you have still have a long time to live, before the thought comes to you that there is nothing more in the world to see.
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.