As for doing good; that is one of the professions which is full. Moreover I have tried it fairly and, strange as it may seem, am satisfied that it does not agree with my constitution.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- If I knew for a certainty that a man was coming to my house with the conscious design of doing me good, I should run for my life.
- Politics is the gizzard of society, full of gut and gravel.
- If I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior.
- There is no odor so bad as that which arises from goodness tainted.
- Books, not which afford us a cowering enjoyment, but in which each thought is of unusual daring; such as an idle man cannot read, and a timid one would not be entertained by, which even make us dangerous to existing institution –such call I good books.
- The greater part of what my neighbors call good I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? You may say the wisest thing you can, old man, — you who have lived seventy years, not without honor of a kind, — I hear an irresistible voice which invites me away from all that.