Our capacity to retaliate must be, and is, massive in order to deter all forms of aggression.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The United Nations was not set up to be a reformatory. It was assumed that you would be good before you got in and not that being in would make you good.
- Once — many, many years ago — I thought I made a wrong decision. Of course, it turned out that I had been right all along. But I was wrong to have thought that I was wrong.
- The measure of success is not whether you have a tough problem to deal with, but whether it’s the same problem you had last year.
- Of all tasks of government the most basic is to protect its citizens against violence.
- The ability to get to the verge without getting into the war is the necessary art. If you try to run away from it, if you are scared to go to the brink, you are lost.
- Attack is the best form of defense.