They say that the best defense is offense, and I intend to start offending right now.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- There’s no telling what might have happened to our defense budget if Saddam Hussein hadn’t invaded Kuwait that August and set everyone gearing up for World War II. Can we count on Saddam Hussein to come along every year and resolve our defense-policy debates? Given the history of the Middle East, it’s possible.
- Attack is the best form of defense.
- Our capacity to retaliate must be, and is, massive in order to deter all forms of aggression.
- Self-defense is Nature’s eldest law.
- We’re in greater danger today than we were the day after Pearl Harbor. Our military is absolutely incapable of defending this country.
- Harsh necessity, and the newness of my kingdom, force me to do such things and to guard my frontiers everywhere.