There is nothing capricious in nature and the implanting of a desire indicates that its gratification is in the constitution of the creature that feel it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
- Nature is an endless combination and repetition of a very few laws. She hums the old well-known air through innumerable variations.
- Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.
- The mob is man voluntarily descending to the nature of the beast. Its fit hour of activity is night. Its actions are insane like its whole constitution. It persecutes a principle; it would whip a right; it would tar and feather justice, by inflicting fire and outrage upon the houses and persons of those who have these. It resembles the prank of boys, who run with fire-engines to put out the ruddy aurora streaming to the stars.
- The rich mind lies in the sun and sleeps, and is Nature.
- Unbridled gratification produces unbridled desire.