There is nothing capricious in nature and the implanting of a desire indicates that its gratification is in the constitution of the creature that feel it.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Unbridled gratification produces unbridled desire.
- Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.
- Nature magically suits a man to his fortunes, by making them the fruit of his character.
- A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature.
- The history of persecution is a history of endeavors to cheat nature, to make water run up hill, to twist a rope of sand.
- Nature is full of freaks, and now puts an old head on young shoulders, and then takes a young heart heating under fourscore winters.