If you desire many things, many things will seem few.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is much easier to suppress a first desire than to satisfy those that follow.
- Ambition has its disappointments to sour us, but never the good fortune to satisfy us. Its appetite grows keener by indulgence and all we can gratify it with at present serves but the more to inflame its insatiable desires.
- One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued.
- Energy and persistence alter all things.
- Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.