If you desire many things, many things will seem few.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- It is much easier to suppress a first desire than to satisfy those that follow.
- Ambition has its disappointments to sour us, but never the good fortune to satisfy us. Its appetite grows keener by indulgence and all we can gratify it with at present serves but the more to inflame its insatiable desires.
- If you can’t pay for a thing, don’t buy it. If you can’t get paid for it, don’t sell it. Do this, and you will have calm and drowsy nights, with all of the good business you have now and none of the bad. If you have time, don’t wait for time.
- A life of leisure and a life of laziness are two things. There will be sleeping enough in the grave.
- If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing.
- One good husband is worth two good wives, for the scarcer things are, the more they are valued.