It is a time when one’s spirit is subdued and sad, one knows not why; when the past seems a storm-swept desolation, life a vanity and a burden, and the future but a way to death.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Whoever has lived long enough to find out what life is, knows how deep a debt of gratitude we owe to Adam, the first great benefactor of our race. He brought death into the world.
- There are two times in a man’s life when he should not speculate: when he can’t afford it, and when he can.
- There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy’s life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
- Duties are not performed for duty’s sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty –the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
- The miracle, or the power, that elevates the few is to be found in their industry, application, and perseverance under the prompting of a brave, determined spirit.
- We owe a deep debt of gratitude to Adam, the first great benefactor of the human race: he brought death into the world.