Dictators always look good until the last minutes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Dictators never invent their own opportunities.
- In inner-party politics, these methods lead, as we shall yet see, to this: the party organization substitutes itself for the party, the central committee substitutes itself for the organization, and, finally, a dictator substitutes himself for the central committee.
- Disregard for human beings is the first qualification of a dictator.
- Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.
- Better the rule of One, whom all obey, than to let clamorous demagogues betray our freedom with the kiss of anarchy.
- Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.