Diligence is the mother of good fortune, and idleness, its opposite, never brought a man to the goal of any of his best wishes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The brave man carves out his fortune, and every man is the son of his own works.
- Diligence is the mother of good luck.
- Thou camest out of thy mother’s belly without government, thou hast liv’d hitherto without government, and thou mayst be carried to thy long home without government, when it shall please the Lord. How many people in this world live without government, yet do well enough, and are well look’d upon?
- No fathers or mothers think their own children ugly.
- I believe there’s no proverb but what is true; they are all so many sentences and maxims drawn from experience, the universal mother of sciences.
- For historians ought to be precise, truthful, and quite unprejudiced, and neither interest nor fear, hatred nor affection, should cause them to swerve from the path of truth, whose mother is history, the rival of time, the depository of great actions, the witness of what is past, the example and instruction of the present, the monitor of the future.