You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To know oneself, one should assert oneself. Psychology is action, not thinking about oneself. We continue to shape our personality all our life. If we knew ourselves perfectly, we should die.
- If there is sin against life, it consists in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.
- When you have once seen the glow of happiness on the face of a beloved person, you know that a man can have no vocation but to awaken that light on the faces surrounding him; and you are torn by the thought of the unhappiness and night you cast, by the mere fact of living, in the hearts you encounter.
- But what is happiness except the simple harmony between a person and life they lead.
- There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide. Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest — whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories — comes afterwards. These are games; one must first answer.
- What the world requires of the Christians is that they should continue to be Christians.