The discontented man finds no easy chair.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- All human situations have their inconveniences. We feel those of the present but neither see nor feel those of the future; and hence we often make troublesome changes without amendment, and frequently for the worse.
- Let thy discontents be thy secrets.
- We are more thoroughly an enlightened people, with respect to our political interests, than perhaps any other under heaven. Every man among us reads, and is so easy in his circumstances as to have leisure for conversations of improvement and for acquiring information.
- Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry, all things easy. He that rises late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night, while laziness travels so slowly that poverty soon overtakes him.
- You will find the key to success under the alarm clock.
- It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man.