The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The way it is now, the asylums can hold the sane people but if we tried to shut up the insane we would run out of building materials.
- Let us consider that we are all partially insane. It will explain us to each other; it will unriddle many riddles; it will make clear and simple many things which are involved in haunting and harassing difficulties and obscurities now.
- The highest perfection of politeness is only a beautiful edifice, built, from the base to the dome, of ungraceful and gilded forms of charitable and unselfish lying.
- Do something every day that you don’t want to do. This is the golden rule for acquiring the habit of doing your duty without pain.
- It is a good idea to obey all the rules when you’re young just so you’ll have the strength to break them when you’re old.
- Hardly a man in the world has an opinion upon morals, politics or religion which he got otherwise than through his associations and sympathies. Broadly speaking, there are none but corn-pone opinions. And broadly speaking, Corn-Pone stands for Self-Approval. Self-approval is acquired mainly from the approval of other people. The result is Conformity.