It is he who has broken the bond of marriage — not I. I only break its bondage.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- How else but through a broken heart may Lord Christ enter in?
- I know one husband and wife who, whatever the official reasons given to the court for the break up of their marriage, were really divorced because the husband believed that nobody ought to read while he was talking and the wife that nobody ought to talk while she was reading.
- Long engagements give people the opportunity of finding out each other’s character before marriage, which is never advisable.
- On the whole, the great success of marriage in the States is due partly to the fact that no American man is ever idle, and partly to the fact that no American wife is considered responsible for the quality of her husband’s dinners.
- Twenty years of romance make a woman look like a ruin, but twenty years of marriage make her something like a public building.
- Divorce is probably of nearly the same date as marriage. I believe, however, that marriage is some weeks the more ancient.