When a doctor does go wrong he is the first of criminals. He has nerve and he has knowledge.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.
- A client is to me a mere unit, a factor in a problem.
- Some facts should be suppressed, or, at least, a just sense of proportion should be observed in treating them.
- I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose.
- There is nothing more unaesthetic than a policeman.
- The most winning woman I ever knew was hanged for poisoning three little children for their insurance-money, and the most repellent man of my acquaintance is a philanthropist who has spent nearly a quarter of a million upon the London poor.