Society often forgives the criminal; it never forgives the dreamer.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.
- The one person who has more illusions than the dreamer is the man of action.
- The husbands of very beautiful women belong to the criminal classes.
- Yes; the public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
- Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our gigantic intellects.
- My great mistake, the fault for which I can’t forgive myself, is that one day I ceased my obstinate pursuit of my own individuality.