One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The English public, as a mass, takes no interest in a work of art until it is told that the work in question is immoral.
- No work of art ever puts forward views. Views belong to people who are not artists.
- In a very ugly and sensible age, the arts borrow, not from life, but from each other.
- The mere mechanical technique of acting can be taught, but the spirit that is to give life to lifeless forms must be born in a man. No dramatic college can teach its pupils to think or to feel. It is Nature who makes our artists for us, though it may be Art who taught them their right mode of expression.
- Yes, I am a thorough republican. No other form of government is so favorable to the growth of art.
- Bad art is a great deal worse than no art at all.