Sir, he was dull in company, dull in his closet, dull everywhere. He was dull in a new way, and that made many people think him great.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He was dull in a new way, and that made many think him great.
- What provokes your risibility, Sir? Have I said anything that you understand? Then I ask pardon of the rest of the company.
- Truth, Sir, is a cow which will yield such people no more milk, and so they are gone to milk the bull.
- Sir, I do not call a gamester a dishonest man; but I call him an unsociable man, an unprofitable man. Gaming is a mode of transferring property without producing any intermediate good.
- Never, my dear Sir, do you take it into your head that I do not love you; you may settle yourself in full confidence both of my love and my esteem; I love you as a kind man, I value you as a worthy man, and hope in time to reverence you as a man of exemplary piety.
- Sir, he throws away his money without thought and without merit. I do not call a tree generous that sheds its fruit at every breeze.