Love can do much, but duty more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- How can we know ourselves? Never by reflection, but only through action. Begin at once to do your duty and immediately you will know what is inside you.
- If each one does their duty as an individual and if each one works in their own proper vocation, it will be right with the whole.
- How shall we learn to know ourselves? By reflection? Never; but only through action. Strive to do thy duty; then you shall know what is in thee.
- There is a courtesy of the heart; it is allied to love. From its springs the purest courtesy in the outward behavior.
- If I love you, what business is it of yours?
- Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished.