Love can do much, but duty more.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- How can we know ourselves? Never by reflection, but only through action. Begin at once to do your duty and immediately you will know what is inside you.
- If each one does their duty as an individual and if each one works in their own proper vocation, it will be right with the whole.
- How shall we learn to know ourselves? By reflection? Never; but only through action. Strive to do thy duty; then you shall know what is in thee.
- Girls we love for what they are; men for what they promise to be.
- That is the true season of love; when we believe that we alone can love, that no one could ever have loved as much before, and that no one will ever love in the same way again.
- Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished.