We, the generation that faces the next century, can add the solemn injunction If we don’t do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The development of civilization and industry in general has always shown itself so active in the destruction of forests that everything that has been done for their conservation and production is completely insignificant in comparison.
- It is our task in our time and in our generation to hand down undiminished to those who come after us, as was handed down to us by those who went before, the natural wealth and beauty which is ours.
- Ecology is rather like sex — every new generation likes to think they were the first to discover it.
- We cannot cheat on DNA. We cannot get round photosynthesis. We cannot say I am not going to give a damn about phytoplankton. All these tiny mechanisms provide the preconditions of our planetary life. To say we do not care is to say in the most literal sense that we choose death.
- How to be green? Many people have asked us this important question. It’s really very simple and requires no expert knowledge or complex skills. Here’s the answer. Consume less. Share more. Enjoy life.
- The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination. Bit the combination is locked up in the safe.