Editing is the same as quarreling with writers — same thing exactly.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Think as you work, for in the final analysis, your worth to your company comes not only in solving problems, but also in anticipating them.
- Editing should be, especially in the case of old writers, a counseling rather than a collaborating task. The tendency of the writer-editor to collaborate is natural, but he should say to himself, How can I help this writer to say it better in his own style? and avoid How can I show him how I would write it, if it were my piece?
- The waste basket is a writer’s best friend.
- A writer is unfair to himself when he is unable to be hard on himself.
- I suppose some editors are failed writers; but so are most writers.
- There is a difference between a book of two hundred pages from the very beginning, and a book of two hundred pages which is the result of an original eight hundred pages. The six hundred are there. Only you don’t see them.