There is but one art, to omit.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Youth is the time to go flashing from one end of the world to the other to try the manners of different nations; to hear the chimes at midnight; to see the sunrise in town and country; to be converted at a revival; to circumnavigate the metaphysics, write halting verses, run a mile to see a fire, and wait all day long in the theatre to applaud Hernani.
- The world is full of a number of things, I’m sure we should all be as happy as kings.
- For God’s sake give me the young man who has brains enough to make a fool of himself!
- Man is a creature who lives not upon bread alone, but principally by catch words.
- You cannot run away from weakness; you must some time fight it out or perish; and if that be so, why not now, and where you stand?
- For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilization, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints.