Big egos are big shields for lots of empty space.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When Jerry Lewis and I were big, we used to go to parties, and everybody thought I was big-headed and stuck up, and I wasn’t. It was because I didn’t know how to speak good English, so I used to keep my mouth shut.
- I should not talk so much about myself if there were anybody else whom I knew as well.
- If some really acute observer made as much of egotism as Freud has made of sex, people would forget a good deal about sex and find the explanation for everything in egotism.
- If the egotist is weak, his egotism is worthless. If the egotist is strong, acute, full of distinctive character, his egotism is precious, and remains a possession of the race.
- When a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty small package.
- There is nothing in the world so enjoyable as a thorough-going monomania…