Mastery passes often for egotism.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- He who does not think much of himself is much more esteemed than he imagines.
- Since Time is not a person we can overtake when he is gone, let us honor him with mirth and cheerfulness of heart while he is passing.
- Great endowments often announce themselves in youth in the form of singularity and awkwardness.
- He who does not expect a million readers should not write a line.
- Every author in some degree portrays himself in his works, even if it be against his will.
- If any man wishes to write a clear style, let him first be clear in his thoughts.