Correction does much, but encouragement does more. Encouragement after censure is as the sun after a shower.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The best fortune that can fall to a man is that which corrects his defects and makes up for his failings.
- Instruction does much, but encouragement does everything.
- Most of the high spots in our lives come about through encouragement. I don’t care how great, how famous, how successful a man may be, he hungers for applause.
- A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
- There are high spots in all of our lives and most of them have come about through encouragement from someone else. I don’t care how great, how famous or successful a man or woman may be, each hungers for applause.
- I believe that any man’s life will be filled with constant and unexpected encouragement, if he makes up his mind to do his level best each day, and as nearly as possible reaching the high water mark of pure and useful living.