Correction does much, but encouragement does more. Encouragement after censure is as the sun after a shower.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The best fortune that can fall to a man is that which corrects his defects and makes up for his failings.
- Instruction does much, but encouragement does everything.
- Most of the high spots in our lives come about through encouragement. I don’t care how great, how famous, how successful a man may be, he hungers for applause.
- A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.
- There are high spots in all of our lives and most of them have come about through encouragement from someone else. I don’t care how great, how famous or successful a man or woman may be, each hungers for applause.
- Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.