The love of life is necessary to the vigorous prosecution of any undertaking.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- To be happy at home is the ultimate result of all ambition, the end to which every enterprise and labor tends, and of which every desire prompts the prosecution.
- Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.
- He that outlives a wife whom he has long loved, sees himself disjoined from the only mind that has the same hopes, and fears, and interest; from the only companion with whom he has shared much good and evil; and with whom he could set his mind at liberty, to retrace the past or anticipate the future. The continuity of being is lacerated; the settled course of sentiment and action is stopped; and life stands suspended and motionless.
- I am willing to love all mankind, except an American.
- Never, my dear Sir, do you take it into your head that I do not love you; you may settle yourself in full confidence both of my love and my esteem; I love you as a kind man, I value you as a worthy man, and hope in time to reverence you as a man of exemplary piety.
- We love to expect, and when expectation is either disappointed or gratified, we want to be again expecting.