We may draw good out of evil; we must not do evil, that good may come.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Slavery can only be abolished by raising the character of the people who compose the nation; and that can be done only by showing them a higher one.
- Let us rise in the moral power of womanhood; and give utterance to the voice of outraged mercy, and insulted justice, and eternal truth, and mighty love and holy freedom.
- I am one of those who think like Nobel, than humanity will draw more good than evil from new discoveries.
- Truly has it been said; that all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
- There is only one good — knowledge; and only one evil — ignorance.
- Evil is always possible. Goodness is a difficulty.