There is always a best way of doing everything.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Wisdom is like electricity. There is no permanently wise man, but men capable of wisdom, who, being put into certain company, or other favorable conditions, become wise for a short time, as glasses rubbed acquire electric power for a while.
- Work and thou canst escape the reward; whether the work be fine or course, planting corn or writing epics, so only it be honest work, done to thine own approbation, it shall earn a reward to the senses as well as to the thought.
- As there is a use in medicine for poisons, so the world cannot move without rogues.
- A man’s wife has more power over him than the state has.
- A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered.
- The value of a principle is the number of things it will explain; and there is no good theory of disease which does not at once suggest a cure.