I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Life! Life! Don’t let us go to life for our fulfillment or our experience. It is a thing narrowed by circumstances, incoherent in its utterance, and without that fine correspondence of form and spirit which is the only thing that can satisfy the artistic
- As long as a woman can look ten years younger than her own daughter, she is perfectly satisfied.
- Absolute catholicity of taste is not without its dangers. It is only an auctioneer who should admire all schools of art.
- Good taste is the excuse I have given for leading such a bad life.
- Youth! There is nothing like youth. The middle-aged are mortgaged to Life. The old are in Life’s lumber-room. But youth is the Lord of Life. Youth has a kingdom waiting for it. Every one is born a king, and most people die in exile.
- In America the young are always ready to give to those who are older than themselves the full benefits of their inexperience.