Experience is a good teacher, but she sends in terrific bills.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- When a woman is very, very bad, she is awful, but when a man is correspondingly good, he is weird.
- Satiety is a mongrel that barks at the heels of plenty.
- An epigram is a flashlight of a truth; a witticism, truth laughing at itself.
- Between flattery and admiration there often flows a river of contempt.
- The Green-eyed Monster causes much woe, but the absence of this ugly serpent argues the presence of a corpse whose name is Eros.
- The difference between a saint and a hypocrite is that one lies for his religion, the other by it.