Man arrives as a novice at each age of his life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- A man is not necessarily intelligent because he has plenty of ideas, any more than he is a good general because he has plenty of soldiers.
- Whatever evil a man may think of women, there is no woman but thinks more.
- When a man and a woman have an overwhelming passion for each other, it seems to me, in spite of such obstacles dividing them as parents or husband, that they belong to each other in the name of Nature, and are lovers by Divine right, in spite of human convention or the laws.
- Sometimes apparent resemblance of character will bring two men together and for a certain time unite them. But their mistake gradually becomes evident, and they are astonished to find themselves not only far apart, but even repelled, in some sort, at all their points of contact.
- Education must have two foundations –morality as a support for virtue, prudence as a defense for self against the vices of others. By letting the balance incline to the side of morality, you only make dupes or martyrs; by letting it incline to the other, you make calculating egoists.
- How many fools does it take to make up a public?