Experience is one thing you can’t get for nothing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- We can have in life but one great experience at best, and the secret of life is to reproduce that experience as often as possible.
- To make men Socialists is nothing, but to make Socialism human is a great thing.
- Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.
- Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. And unselfishness is letting other people’s lives alone, not interfering with them. Selfishness always aims at uniformity of type. Unselfishness recognizes infinite variety of type as a delightful thing, accepts it, acquiesces in it, enjoys it.
- Thinking is the most unhealthy thing in the world, and people die of it just as they die of any other disease. Fortunately, in England at any rate, thought is not catching. Our splendid physique as a people is entirely due to our national stupidity.
- It is a sad truth, but we have lost the faculty of giving lovely names to things. Names are everything. I never quarrel with actions. My one quarrel is with words. The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one. It is the only thing he is fit for.