We must do our business faithfully, without trouble or disquiet, recalling our mind to God mildly, and with tranquility, as often as we find it wandering from him.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer, and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling for different things, I possess God as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament.
- Faithfulness and sincerity are the highest things.
- By faithfulness we are collected and wound up into unity within ourselves, whereas we had been scattered abroad in multiplicity.
- It is better to be unfaithful than faithful without wanting to be.
- Some people say Liz and I are whores, but we are saints. We do not hide our loves hypocritically, and when in love, we are loyal and faithful to our men. [On the subject of her multiple marriages]
- Thanks be to God. Since my leaving the drinking of wine, I do find myself much better, and do mind my business better, and do spend less money, and less time lost in idle company.