What life half gives a man, posterity gives entirely.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Wood burns because it has the proper stuff in it; and a man becomes famous because he has the proper stuff in him.
- If you modestly enjoy your fame you are not unworthy to rank with the holy.
- Napoleon for the sake of a good name broke in pieces half the world.
- Look closely at those who patronize you. Half are unfeeling, half untaught.
- The most happy man is he who knows how to bring into relation the end and beginning of his life.
- A useless life is an early death.