What life half gives a man, posterity gives entirely.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Wood burns because it has the proper stuff in it; and a man becomes famous because he has the proper stuff in him.
- Death is a commingling of eternity with time; in the death of a good man, eternity is seen looking through time.
- The little man is still a man.
- If a man or woman is born ten years sooner or later, their whole aspect and performance shall be different.
- A collections of anecdotes and maxims is the greatest of treasures for the man of the world, for he knows how to intersperse conversation with the former in fit places, and to recollect the latter on proper occasions.
- For a man to achieve all that is demanded of him he must regard himself as greater than he is.