It is a mark of many famous people that they cannot part with their brightest hour.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Since when do you have to agree with people to defend them from injustice?
- It’s an indulgence to sit in a room and discuss your beliefs as if they were a juicy piece of gossip.
- If I had to give young writers advice, I would say don’t listen to writers talking about writing or themselves.
- They’re fancy talkers about themselves, writers. If I had to give young writers advice, I would say don’t listen to writers talking about writing or themselves.
- You lose your manners when you’re poor.
- Intellectuals can tell themselves anything, sell themselves any bill of goods, which is why they were so often patsies for the ruling classes in nineteenth-century France and England, or twentieth-century Russia and America.