Death makes no conquest of this conqueror: For now he lives in fame, though not in life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- Glory is like a circle in the water, which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, till, by broad spreading, it disperse to naught.
- Celebrity is never more admired than by the negligent.
- Time hath a wallet at his back, wherein he puts. Alms for oblivion, a great-sized monster of ingratitudes.
- By medicine life may be prolonged, yet death will seize the doctor too.
- I have lived long enough. My way of life is to fall into the sere, the yellow leaf, and that which should accompany old age, as honor, love, obedience, troops of friends I must not look to have.