The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven’s lieutenants.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man’s censure, but reserve thy judgment. [Hamlet]
- Have you not a moist eye, a dry hand, a yellow cheek, a white beard, a decreasing leg, an increasing belly? Is not your voice broken, your wind short, your chin double, your wit single, and every part about you blasted with antiquity?
- Man, proud man, drest in a little brief authority, most ignorant of what he’s most assur d, glassy essence, like an angry ape, plays such fantastic tricks before high heaven, as make the angels weep.
- But, good my brother, do not, as some ungracious pastors do. Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven whilst like a puffed and reckless libertine himself the primrose path of dalliance treads and wrecks not his own.
- There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophies.