Fashion wears out more clothes than the man.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- Sweet are the uses of adversity which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head.
- And I did laugh sans intermission an hour by his dial. O noble fool, a worthy fool — motley’s the only wear.
- Through tattered clothes, small vices do appear. Robes and furred gowns hide all.
- Only men who are not interested in women are interested in women’s clothes. Men who like women never notice what they wear.
- Fashion is the most intense expression of the phenomenon of neomania, which has grown ever since the birth of capitalism. Neomania assumes that purchasing the new is the same as acquiring value. If the purchase of a new garment coincides with the wearing out of an old one, then obviously there is no fashion. If a garment is worn beyond the moment of its natural replacement, there is pauperization. Fashion flourishes on surplus, when someone buys more than he or she needs.