Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Fashion, by which what is really fantastic becomes for a moment the universal.
- Nothing is so dangerous as being too modern; one is apt to grow old fashioned quite suddenly.
- Woman’s first duty in life is to her dressmaker. What the second duty is no one has yet discovered.
- In a very ugly and sensible age, the arts borrow, not from life, but from each other.
- The American father is never seen in London. He passes his life entirely in Wall Street and communicates with his family once a month by means of a telegram in cipher.
- Bad artists always admire each other’s work. They call it being large-minded and free from prejudice. But a truly great artist cannot conceive of life being shown, or beauty fashioned, under any conditions other than those he has selected.