Be kind to thy father, for when thou were young, who loved thee so fondly as he? He caught the first accents that fell from thy tongue, and joined in thy innocent glee.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- What harsh judges fathers are to all young men!
- One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be.
- I stopped loving my father a long time ago. What remained was the slavery to a pattern.
- The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
- There are fathers who do not love their children, but there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson.
- Sweet Benjamin, since thou art young, and hast not yet the use of tongue, make it thy slave, while thou art free; Imprison it, lest it do thee.