It is a wise father that knows his own child.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.
- How sharper than a serpent’s tooth it is to have a thankless child.
- The fool thinks himself to be wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool. [Measure For Measure]
- Children wish fathers looked but with their eyes; fathers that children with their judgment looked; and either may be wrong.
- None of you can ever be proud enough of being the child of SUCH a Father who has not his equal in this world — so great, so good, so faultless. Try, all of you, to follow in his footsteps and don’t be discouraged, for to be really in everything like him none of you, I am sure, will ever be. Try, therefore, to be like him in some points, and you will have acquired a great deal.
- Grief fills the room up of my absent child, lies in his bed, walks up and down with me, puts on his pretty looks, repeats his words.