Fathers should be neither seen nor heard. That is the only proper basis for family life.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE »
- The American father is never seen in London. He passes his life entirely in Wall Street and communicates with his family once a month by means of a telegram in cipher.
- The mind of the thoroughly well-informed man is a dreadful thing. It is like a bric-?-brac shop, all monsters and dust, with everything priced above its proper value.
- Yet each man kills the thing he loves from all let this be heard some does it with a bitter look some with a flattering word the coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword.
- That is the thankless position of the father in the family — the provider for all, and the enemy of all.
- He rides in the row at ten o clock in the morning, goes to the Opera three times a week, changes his clothes at least five times a day, and dines out every night of the season. You don’t call that leading an idle life, do you?
- As a wicked man I am a complete failure. Why, there are lots of people who say I have never really done anything wrong in the whole course of my life. Of course they only say it behind my back.